Jakopi Tofu is one of dozens of Japanese tofu dishes. It is tofu covered by a topping made of small chirimenjako fish and peanuts. It is a side dish that can be prepared within five minutes.
- 2 blocks of soft tofu
- 40g of dried chirimenjako* (anchovies)
- 50g peanuts or almonds
- Green onions
- 10ml sesame seeds
- 5ml sesame oil
* May not be available in Western supermarkets; but you should be able to find it in Japanese grocery stores that exist in most large European and American cities.
- Cut green onion and peanuts in small pieces.
- Heat up sesame oil in a fry pan.
- Add peanuts and chirimenjako into the pan.
- After about two minutes, add the green onions and sesame seeds into the pan.
- After friying for another two to three minutes, spread the Jakopi on the tofu and serve. Add soya sauce as you like.