Thai food is internationally famous. Whether chilli-hot or comparatively blands, harmony is the guiding principle behind each dish. Thai cuisine is essentially a marriage of centuries-old Eastern and Western influences harmoniously combined into something uniquely Thai. This Fried rice is a very popular dish of Thailand.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 120 grams skinless, boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Set cooked rice in a bowl and use your hands to break up clumps.
- In large, deep non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil on high heat. Add garlic and onion, and stir-fry for 1 minute, until shiny and fragrant. Add the chicken, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until the onion softens and the chicken is cooked through. Add the egg, and stir to scramble it.
- Add the rice, soy, sugar and green onions. Stir-fry together, tossing often, until the dish is well-mixed and heated through.
- Put rice in serving platter and garnish with cilantro leaves.