This Moroccan Lemon Vegetable Salad is tasty, healthy and easy to prepare. Just cut up cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and celery. Dress with lots of lemon juice and a bit of oil, salt and pepper. If you make this at the beginning of the week, you’ll have a low-fat, low-carb side dish for your meals all week long.
- 1/2 cabbage head, thickly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into circles
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 lemons juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- In a large bowl, mix chopped cabbage, carrots, peppers and celery.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.